07 Oct 2022
Back row (L-R): Roxanne Higgins, Stephen Carberry, Kylie Matusewicz, Brianna Smith, Danielle Swinnerton, Jane Tinkler, Lisa Brumley, Brooke Serpell, Lauren Falconer
Front row (L-R): Heather O’Hagan, Fran Price, Catherine Mullens, Karlie Barker, Danica Smith
Last week our Noah’s Ark Mentors attended a two-day bootcamp to introduce them to their roles.
The bootcamp focused on:
- Exploring structures to support delivery of mentoring
- Evidence-based practice and inquiry-based learning
- Adult learning and coaching practices
We all enjoyed the opportunity to come together as a new team to set the scene for this exciting new resource.
We also explored the difference between mentoring and practice coaching and identified that:
- Mentoring is focused on the ‘what’ of the role (the technical expertise); and
- Practice coaching is focused on the ‘how’ of the role (how we implement the Noah’s Ark Practice Principles)
- Mentors and Practice Coaches work collaboratively to ensure we are deliverying a high-quality service to children and families.
Over the next few weeks mentors will be focusing on:
- Understanding discipline support needs across the organisation
- Bringing all staff into Communities of Practice; and
- Commencing small group mentoring with new graduate key workers
03 Oct 2022
Staff Stories: Lauren Falconer
The support I received from Noah’s Ark to grow and develop my expertise in an area of interest has been invaluable.
10 Aug 2022
Staff Stories: Valerie Villarosa
My goal is for my team to be inspired to go to work everyday, that they are valued for their amazing contribution to the lives of the families’ and children they work with.
23 Aug 2018
Lauren's trip abroad
Lauren Falconer spends two weeks in the US and Canada, exploring how to better use outcome measures with families and to evaluate whether our work is effective.