Supporting Engagement and Participation Seminar series
Noah’s Ark offers a range of training topics to enhance educator’s ability to successfully include all children and support their participation. All seminars are written and presented by the Noah’s Ark team of therapists and specialist teachers.
Each seminar is two hours in person or online in a live webinar.
Supporting Positive Behaviours for all Children
- Participants will gain skills and strategies in understanding behaviour and will explore appropriate responses.
- Participants will increase their understanding of communication challenges that may lead to behaviour challenges.
- Participants will consider the impact of the physical environment on children’s behaviour.
- Participants will explore program practices and how these may impact on children’s behaviour.
Challenging Conversations with Parents and Carers
- Participants will reflect on what conversations they find are challenging.
- Participants will gain fundamental skills in strengths-based practice.
- Participants will enhance their understanding of reflective listening skills.
- Participants will explore a framework for conducting challenging conversations.
Engaging and Extending Children’s Learning and Participation
- Participants will increase their understanding of engagement in everyday routines and learning experiences.
- Participants will explore practices that extend children’s learning and development; including functional goals and intentional teaching.
- Participants will look at practical tools to support engagement and learning.
- Participants will explore a framework for extending learning.
Supporting Learning for Children with Speech and Language Delays
- Discuss how language learning develops in the preschool years and the role of the educator in supporting this.
- Differentiate between specific areas of speech and language development.
- Describe the communication difficulties children in their programs demonstrate and begin to interpret how these difficulties impact on child participation.
- Use practical strategies to support children with speech and language difficulties to understand and/or get their message across.
- Learn about visual supports and how to use them in their program.
We can come to you:
Noah’s Ark Training can customise our courses to suit you and your location. Contact Us on 1800 819 140 for more information and prices.Download Flyer
|Cost per person:||$110 incl. GST per seminar|
|Designed for:||ECEC Educators|
|Duration:||2 hours face-to-face or 2 x 1 hour Zoom sessions|
|Type of Delivery:||Face-to-face|