WhatsApp privacy concerns
Your status updates can be seen by someone if you have their phone number in your phone’s contacts and they have your phone number in their phone’s contacts. By default, your status updates are shared with all your contacts.
What is a status update
Status allows you to share text, photo, video and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours. In order to send and receive status updates to and from your contacts, you and your contacts must have each other’s phone numbers saved in your phones’ address books.
Noah’s Ark staff including Key Workers have been asked not to share status updates on their work phones as this is a breach of the use of Noah’s Ark’s social media usage.
Staff have also been asked not to view clients’ status updates and ask to be removed from the list that can view status updates. You can do this by changing the privacy settings.
To change your status privacy:
1. Tap Status.
- Android: Tap More options > Status privacy.
- iPhone: Tap Privacy.
2. Select one of the following options:
- My contacts: All your contacts will see your status updates.
- My contacts except…: All your contacts except people you select will see your status updates.
- Only share with…: Only the contacts you select will see your status updates.
Useful COVID-19 resources
This is very informative as it features FAQs and answers a lot of common questions.
Emergency food banks
There are services available to support families who may be struggling with finding food or essential items at this time, or who may be in more isolated areas.
Please see details below for your local food bank.
- Foodbank Australia – all locations
- Food bank locations ACT and region
- Victorian Government – emergency relief packages
- Community food programs Melbourne
- Emergency relief support Knox
- Emergency relief West Metro
- Pantry Plus food relief Frankston
- Foodbank Melton
- Food is Free Ballarat
- Food Share Bendigo
- Food Relief Centre Geelong
- Food banks in Gippsland
- Regional Foodshare Albury Wodonga
- Emergency food and support services Echuca
- Christian Emergency Food Centre Horsham
Noah’s Ark supporting you with services via Telehealth
Noah’s Ark is here to support you and will continue to provide a service to you via Telehealth. Your Key Worker will be talking to you about your next visit provided via Telehealth (phone, video call, FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts).
We will work with you on what technology you would like to use.
Identifying the symptoms of Coronavirus
This resource from the Australian Government explains the different symptoms you may experience if you have Coronavirus (COVID-19), a cold, or the flu.
For more information please visit health.gov.au.
Letter to families regarding Coronavirus
You will now be aware through the media coverage and government announcements that Coronavirus (COVID-19) is in the Victorian, NSW & ACT communities and changing how we need to behave.
Noah’s Ark is committed to supporting your family through this difficult time and doing our best to support you and your family to stay healthy.
Please read more in the PDF here.
Coronavirus update from Noah’s Ark
Noah’s Ark are taking steps to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
Please see general information and tips on what you can do in the PDF here.