Your privacy is important to Noah’s Ark Inc. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Noah’s Ark collects and the ways in which Noah’s Ark uses that personal information.
Privacy information for families
The Information and Privacy Commission also has a fact sheet. This fact sheet has been developed to help citizens understand; the jurisdiction of the NSW Privacy Commissioner and Information and Privacy Commission, how their privacy is protected, and what to do if they think their privacy has been breached.
Personal information collection
Noah’s Ark may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website
- information about transactions carried out over this website
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services and
- any other information that you send to Noah’s Ark.
Using personal information
Noah’s Ark may use your personal information to:
- administer this website
- personalise the website for you
- enable your access to and use of the website services
- publish information about you on the website
- send to you products that you purchase
- supply to you services that you purchase
- send to you statements and invoices
- collect payments from you and
- send you marketing communications.
Where Noah’s Ark discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Noah’s Ark may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Noah’s Ark uses Google Analytics on our website. Information and data collected through Google Analytics is stored by Google on servers worldwide. You can opt out of the collection of information via Google Analytics by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add On.
MailChimp and privacy consent
Noah’s Ark Inc. will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to the work of Noah’s Ark
- measure email campaign performance
- improve the features for specific segments of customers
- evaluate your use of our website
- compile reports on website activity for website operators and
- provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
MailChimp may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on MailChimps’s behalf. MailChimp collects information about when you visit the website, when you use the services, your browser type and version, your operating system and other similar information. MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information collected about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia. We are required to inform you that by subscribing to our Noah’s Ark Training e-Newsletter:
You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a MailChimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act will not apply.
You understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
Securing your data
Noah’s Ark will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Noah’s Ark will store all the personal information you provide [on its secure servers].
Noah’s Ark Inc. uses the PayPal Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions.
PayPal processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet.
All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the PayPal gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 256 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within PayPal’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- PayPal at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Noah’s Ark Inc.
- For more information about PayPal and online credit card payments, please visit www.paypal.com.au
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
Noah’s Ark may disclose personal information about you to people or organisations. We use cloud service providers including Eventbrite and Dropbox. The information you submit may be disclosed overseas.
By providing personal information to us, you agree to its disclosure and such cross-border transfers.
Updating this statement
This website contains links to other websites. Noah’s Ark is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact Noah’s Ark
- by email to [email protected]
- by post to Noah’s Ark, 261-271 Wattletree Road, Malvern VIC 3144.