Climbing into Play
Learning to safely access playgrounds so that we can all play together.
About this Activity
Climbing Into Play is an Occupational Therapist-led group program delivered in a community playground, working on movement and gross motor skills.
Each week there will be different focus areas of motor skills (balance and body awareness, climbing and strength, hand eye co-ordination).
Parents/Carers are integral partners in this program and will be required to always stay observing their child.
To get the most out of this group you need to...
- Be aged 4-7 years old
- Be able to get around a playground by yourself
- Follow some simple instructions like “stop” and “go”.
- Improved child/parent confidence and independence
- Improved gross motor and cognitive skills
- Improved participation in community and peer activities.
What does the program include?
- 30-minute Pre-program Individual Session
- 3 Group Sessions of 1 hour each
- 30-minute Post-program Individual Session
- 3.5 Preparation/Reporting hours (non Face-to-Face)
Total price: $1165
This group will be running in Bendigo on Thursday the 2nd, 9th and 16th of May from 10-11am.
Register your details if you are interested in joining this group