Picnic in the Park - Foundation Program
Meals are enjoyed best when shared with friends! Enjoy the outdoors and good company whilst you try new foods and learn how to have a safe, fun picnic.
About this Activity
A parent-and-child group that supports supporting safe, fun mealtimes for children with fussy eating difficulties. This is the foundation program of the two-part Picnic in the Park Group.
Parents/Carers are integral partners in this program and will be required to always participate with their child.
To get the most out of this group your child will need to...
- Be at least 6 years of age
- Be able to eat and play independently at a playground
- Engage in a small group setting, follow 1-2 step instructions, and can communicate in sentences
- Have no swallowing difficulties or mealtime safety concerns.
- Improved child confidence in exploring a range and variety of food items during outdoor meals
- Improved parental skills in creating a positive, safe and fun mealtime environment for their children
- Improved child participation and inclusion in peer, family and/or community mealtime activities.
What does the program include?
- 1.5hr Individual Sessions (1 hour pre-program, 30 min post-program)
- 1.5hr Parent-only Group Session
- 2 x Parent-and-child Group Sessions of 1.5 hrs each
- 3 Preparation/Reporting hours (non face-to-face)
Total Cost of the program: $1169
This group is now full, please check back for future dates.