Our specialist teachers work with you to help your child get the most out of their daily activities.
What do specialist teachers do for children?
Our specialist teachers are experts in all areas of child development, learning and social and emotional wellbeing. They will work with you and your child at home, preschool or school to ensure that your child is learning and developing through their everyday activities and interests that engage and motivate them.
We believe that every hour of every day is a learning opportunity for young children. Our specialist teachers are passionate about your child’s education. They will work with other educators to support your child to play, learn and make friends at preschool and school.
Find a Specialist Teacher
We do not currently have availability, please check back later
Frequently Asked Questions
Your child might work with a specialist teacher if they need a specially designed learning program or extra support for learning or coping at school.
For example, your child might need additional support because of:
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- a communication disorder including language disorder or speech disorder
- deafness or hearing loss
- developmental delay
- intellectual disability
- low vision or blindness
- physical disability
- social and emotional difficulties or traumatic events
- a specific learning disorder including dyslexia.
Specialist teachers also support students with additional needs when they change schools or move between grades.
- Support students with disability or learning, social or behaviour difficulties
- Help when children need special learning programs or extra support for learning
- Support students in mainstream and specialist schools
- Set goals for students based on areas of strength and difficulty
- Cater for a range of learning needs in classrooms
- Work with families to create the best learning opportunities for students at school and at home
- Help with using the right equipment and resources to support learning needs
- Help with developing a school culture that makes all students feel included
Yes, we can arrange Telehealth consultations. Have a look over our Telehealth FAQs.